Monday, October 25, 2010

By the Light of the Silvery Moon

A fellow amateur photographer friend of mine has taken some absolutely awesome pictures of the moon. Inspired by him, I went out the other night when the moon was almost full and attempted to take some moon pictures myself. It's definitely a LOT harder than it looks!

I ended up shooting in full manual mode because I had to keep adjusting different things so that the pictures weren't way too dark or entirely blown out.

... And then one of the legs of my tripod broke off right where it joins the base where the camera sits! To be honest, the tripod wasn't doing me much good because I couldn't get it to tighten and hold my camera at the correct angle anyway!

At any rate, I managed to get a couple of semi decent pictures. I suppose they're not too bad for my first attempt. They give a baseline for future reference, right?

Silvery Moon

The moon was behind the clouds on this one, but I thought the lighting was pretty cool.
Moonlight

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Wow, that second one is definitely awesome! So is the first! I can't wait to get my new 28-80 lens in a couple days cause I really want a moon photo too!

Anonymous said...

These are great!