Sunday, September 19, 2010

Week 2 Photography Class Assignments

I'm so sorry for the extended absence. This past week has just been extremely busy, and I just haven't had time to blog. In fact, I finally submitted my photos for my photography class assignments tonight, too.

This week our photography class focused on shutter speed. I'm actually pretty proud of myself because I shot 2 of the 5 photos for the class using completely manual settings. They may not be spectacular, but I'm especially proud that I was able to adjust the shutter speed and ISO so that the lighting wasn't too bad.

Here are all my shots SOOC (with the exception of the "watermark").

Moving Water
f5, 1/320, ISO 3200 (Shot completely manually)
Wk2 Dy1-01 cr 1/320 f5 ISO 3200

f5, 1/10, ISO 100 (Shot completely manually)
Wk2 Dy1-02 cr 1/10 f5 ISO 100

Daylight action taken at slow shutter speed to show motion
1/30
Wk2 Dy3-01 cr 1/30

Low light action taken at slow shutter speed to show motion
I actually shot this at night on a tripod with a 15 second exposure for the shutter speed.
Wk2 Dy3-03 cr 15 sec exposure

"Shoot Where You Are"
f4.5, 1/200, ISO 3200 (Shot completely manually)
Wk2 Dy5 cr 1/200 f4.5 ISO 3200


I spent more time this week taking pictures in my bathrooms than ever before, trying to catch drops of water on "film" (How do you change that saying for digital cameras? "On memory card???" Doesn't have the same ring to it.) and adjusting my camera settings so that the lighting wasn't too dark. All in the name of photography!

1 comment:

carmilevy said...

It'll always be "film" to me, even if it comes in the form of a memory card.

The last picture is a stunning still life. Poster-worthy, IMHO (and if I dig back into my archives enough, I'll come across some bathroom shots as well. You've touched a nerve, in a great way!)

Funny thing about manual: once you get into it, you find yourself spending more time shooting manual than auto. I much prefer the control.